Win10 installation update prompt “0x80240008” solution, for many office Xiaobai, do not know how to solve it? Next , the small series of computer technology network will give you a brief introduction, I hope to help everyone!
Step 1: Restore environment variables
1. Right click on this computer and select the [Properties] button;
2. Open the system interface and click [Advanced System Settings];
3. Under [Startup and Recovery] under Advanced Interface, click the [Environment Variable] button.
4. Double-click TEMP in the variable box of the above user and change its variable value to: %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalTemp. Click OK to save.
5, also double-click to open TMP, modify its variable value to: %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalTemp, click OK to save, click OK in the environment variable box to save.
Step 2: Clean up the update cache
1. Press Win+R to open the run. Enter: services.msc to confirm the open service.
2. Double-click on the service interface to open the Windows update service, and click [Stop]–[OK];
3, open this computer, open the SoftwareDistribution folder under the Windows directory of the C drive, delete all the files inside;
4. After rebooting, restart the system, then open the service and restart the Windows Update service inside.
5. Restart the Wn10 computer and let the above settings take effect.