Cracking the SSC JE exam with a good score is the dream of every Govt job aspirant. SSC (Staff Selection Commission) conducts exams for recruitment in various governmental departments. SSC JE is one of its categories which recruits Junior Engineer (JE) for technical job functions. Every year, the commission notifies the candidates about JE job posting. Candidates need to clear two computerized paper objectives and descriptive to make their dreams come true. After clearing both papers, candidates who are shortlisted will be deployed to various Indian Government organizations. Like every other competitive exam, competition is massive in SSC JE. That’s why every year, SSC JE Cut off becomes tougher. However, if you are preparing well, challenges won’t stop you from clearing exams. Hence, read this post to find out the best preparation strategy for each subject.
Table of Contents
Exam Pattern of SSC Junior Engineer paper
SSC JE aspirants must be aware of the exam pattern before preparation. The syllabus is not tricky, but many candidates are not serious about it and think without studying to clear the exam. SSC JE exam is conducted in two phases
- Paper-1 is a computer-based exam. Its sections include General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Engineering questions. The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- Paper 2 is a descriptive exam of two hours duration. The syllabus will be General Engineering concept-based.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25% for incorrect answers. No negative marking scheme is applied for leaving questions blank.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness questions carry an equal number of questions and marks that is 50. Whereas, in General Engineering, weightage increases upto 100 marks for Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical.
Candidates who are preparing via on-site coaching classes must switch to online learning platforms. There are plenty of mock test papers or test series available online, giving you excellent SSC JE exam scores.
How should I prepare for the different subject?
As there are multiple subjects in the paper, candidates need to think out of the box and implement different subjects’ strategies.
Preparation strategy for general intelligence and reasoning
- Candidates must choose the correct answer and stick to the factual information only.
- No assumptions, ifs, and but it is acceptable to attempt the question. Negative markings can reduce your chance to clear exams.
- This section seems easy, but it plays with our find. Read the instructions carefully and give your response.
- There are many online guides and books are available in the market for practice. Regular practice will make you master this section.
Preparation strategy for general awareness
- If you know current happenings and events around you, you are prone to score more in this section.
- Candidates must continuously read magazines, newspapers and maintain separate notes of current affairs.
- Update yourself with government policies, geography, history, and economic knowledge of Indian land.
Preparation strategy for General Engineering
- The above two sections are generic for every competitive exam, but this is important where the candidate’s knowledge is tested.
- Aspirants must be well versed with Engineering concepts, practical applications of the topic to score well.
- Regardless of any engineering branch you belong to, you must be master in your concepts to beat your competitors.
- Most of the questions are time-consuming in this section. Practice shortcuts and easy tricks to solve it in less time.
Can I prepare for the exam in two months?
Yes, it is possible to clear the exam in two months if you are dedicated to it. To get excellent SSC JE Result, follow the easy steps given below:
- Make revision notes of what you are preparing.
- Practice previous year question papers and online test series
- Jot down the essential topics and put 100% focus on it