There are always two kinds of people during their birthdays, the type who enjoys the special day being happy and the other that dreads turning older every year. Whatever the case may be, people can agree that birthdays are occasions when families and friends can come together and share a moment. Birthday dresses, balloons, delicious food and cakes will always be the main highlight of any party. Rightfully so, every person should do something fun and memorable with their favourite people.
As kids, it was easier to host parties with the help of mom and dad and with all the friends and games; it was always a wholesome experience. But the story can be different once you reach adulthood. All the fun and excitement dwindle to just a bar or a favourite spot with a few friends. A study conducted in 2015 showed that people expected only about 5 to 10 people to show up for their birthdays. In some cases, even less. But as long as the people celebrating their birthdays are having a good time, the friend list usually doesn’t matter much.
Here are some of the best tips to make a memorable birthday with friends or family and make the most out of that special day.
- Grab A Good Theme: A great theme can be exciting for guests and friends. Birthday dressesthat can go well with that particular theme will be extraordinary. But no need to go over the top or make it cheesy, just a standard theme like theme-coloured clothes or party wear. But before a theme is selected, make sure that it can be coordinated among all the friends and guests.
- Share Details Of The Event: Guests seem to love the idea of being adequately communicated about the details of the event. It may be because they can be more prepared for the birthday event, and no one has to wonder what or how to engage. Some details like what to expect, the dress to wear, activities, and the menu can be highly beneficial for the guests so they won’t be confused about anything.
- Menu: Speaking of details, always have a menu in place for the guests. Food is an essential part of any birthday event, and the menu should be per the time and place. The menu should also reflect the guests’ preferences, and it should be addressed in the invitation cards.
- Activities:What’s a fun event without any fun activities for people? Activities can always create a fun environment and bring people together. It can set the mood and remove any awkward silence, and the party will be more memorable. Take a look at some of the activities that everyone can enjoy:
- Gaming nights
- Cooking Competition
- Drinking Games
- Dancing Event
- Indoor football or hockey
- Plan A Budget: Birthday parties occur only once a year, so people should always make an effort to turn it into a special day. But that doesn’t mean one should get carried away on the budget. Having a decent financial idea will allow the host to decide which things to put first and prioritise what the guests will love. Once a clear vision is established, it’ll be easier to plan it out and take it up from there.
Celebrating birthdays, when everyone is older, can have its challenges and drawbacks. But why not have a bit of fun with every milestone? An exciting birthday party can also give the guests a good reason to unwind and enjoy themselves. So get a cake, call some friends and have lots of fun!