When it comes to choosing a brand in your day to day life which brand would you rely on, the one in the nascent stage or the other that has been in the market for a long and had proven itself in the odd times. Easy, you will go for the established one to avoid adversaries and discrepancies; the same goes with your telecom service providers. RCN, better known as Residential Communication Network, established in 1993, was amongst the first American facilities-based providers of bundled services of cable tv, telephone, and internet that delivers its own fibre- optics local network to customers in NY Pennsylvania for those on the east coast to precise. It had been in the market for the last 28 years or so. Excellent RCN Customer Service takes it to the next level.
Why should you go for RCN?
- Most service providers try to lock you in an agreement by creating illusions of great deals shortly, but RCN is different. All of its plans are month to month.
- It charges pretty low compared to modern operators, which means affordable TV and bundles for everyone.
- RCN offer a contract-free package.
- The fiber-Optic organization makes it a quicker and dependable brand.
- RCN Customer Service is the most responsive and intelligent stage for consumer loyalty.
Apart from these advantages, it has several limitations on its part:
- RCN does not have a wide reach across the US. Its services are limited to six different regions of east coast Chicago, Boston, DC Metro, Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia and New York.
- Only a single standalone tv plan.
- You have to pay some extra bucks for the DVR and other equipment.
- Different tv service charges in all the six cities, quite awkward.
Some of the Unique features that RCN offers.
RCN’s cable plan may cost you about $44.99 to $69.99 as it varies according to your cities with a pack of 295+ channels, but I assure you that these charges are likely to be amongst the lowest in your area.
Now, suppose you are a person who does not have that high-speed data requirement and wants the internet to surf over the browser casually or to use Instagram or Facebook. In that case, the RCN bundle plan is specifically designed for you only as they offer a limited speed of 50 Mbps along with the tv(60+ channels) and phone services at a meagre price of $49.99 per month.
Besides this plan, there are varied bundles that RCN offers you to choose from:
Digital Basic TV+ Phone for $20 with 60+ channels.
Signature TV + Internet (250mbps)+ phone for $99.99 with 225+channels.
Signature TV+ Phone for $69.99 with 60+ channel
Digital Basic TV+ Internet (250mbps) for $ 54.99 with 60+ channels
And you do check out the website for more plans. These are some plans to give you an overview of the charges and services offered.
Which Channels does RCN offer?
There are not too many channels, but still ample of your favourites are on the list so that you can enjoy most of the high rated entertainment. This list includes some of the top channels such as:
BBC America, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Disney Channel, FX, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, Lifetime Movie Network, MSNBC, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TBS, Telemundo, TNT, Univision, USA, and varies others.
The RCN charges for Premium Channels are the same as the fellow operators but with the difference in the price of HBO Max with an all-time high of $21.95 per month. Premiere Sports includes channels like NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network and MLB Network. Premiere Entertainment will be offered by Starz Encore, MTV2, Nat Geo Wild, and VH1.
RCN offers the most dedicated internet speed in its service areas, and its speed and pricing largely depend upon your location and plan opted. It offers plans with speeds going from 50 Mbps to 90 Mbps.
Before selecting any service provider, you should always look for the installation charges, Hikes shortly, and customer support, however, with RCN client support, you don’t need to stress over that.